Web Site Hit Counter

Sunday, November 12, 2006

Practising With the New Camera

Early in the mornings there is such a diversity of bird life flitting around, squawking, and ... I thought I would see if I could capture a few with the new camera! I think they are OK for my first time. There are a few ravens/crows I'd love to get ...digitally. And if only the chick-a-dees would "sit still" long enough! The American Golden Finches have turned drab olive but still come around and blend in with the sparrows and other little brown ones, I haven't got names for.


Morning Dove. Sounds like an owl. I thought these were native to Ontario until they started showing up in our yards, this Spring!





Cocky Blue Jay! Bill, next door, feeds them. But they bury their treasures in my garden. I have more peanuts sprouting than weeds, and that's going some! The Crows/Ravens help themselves to peanuts, too. Just to P O the Jays!




4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, janet, it's easy!

 
At Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:52:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, sorry it's taken me so long to comment. I'm computer illerate! Nice website Cathy. Love the blue jay....Janet

 
At Monday, January 08, 2007 10:10:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the blue jays. Great shots!

barb

 
At Tuesday, January 09, 2007 7:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a little slow to get started ... my 1st msg on a blog, actually 1st time "looking", or is that "visiting" one. Great pics, the blue jays are beautiful & I went down a quick trip down Memory Ln ... thinking of Dad. Cheers,
great work Cathy! Liz

 

Post a Comment

<< Home