Web Site Hit Counter

Friday, January 26, 2007

Tuk U - Jason

Tuktoyaktuk has been in the back of my mind a long time, tagged and compartmentalized for future reference. Like so many other bits of drivil...ooops, I mean trivial...ooops, I mean trivia! Jack Miller worked on an oil field up there in the '70's and had a neat sweatshirt that in 4 letters, said, you guessed it, "TUK U". I remember coveting that sweatshirt...


So, Jason, when you were asking the "the question" as to where Tuktoyaktuk could possibly be, the tagged and compartmentalized fell from the shelf, insisting to be dusted off. After it was all dusted and polished, the weensy bit of information that could be gleaned from its polished glow was too miniscule to be seen with the naked eye. So I was driven to Google and here is what I discovered when I got there...


A Map! Showing me exactly where it is!







Pictured below is Downtown Tuktoyuktuk. Why would you wanna go there? Only if the love of your life was to be found there! And then think twice!


Thank goodness, the money they were offering wasn't enough!





1 Comments:

At Monday, January 29, 2007 9:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You couldn't pay me enough to live there. I'll bet it snows in the summer too!

Janet

 

Post a Comment

<< Home