Web Site Hit Counter

Friday, August 29, 2008

Customizing Linda'a Dock...

Levelling things on Little Tomiko is a big past time, I've discovered. Last year it was our "cabin". It was a big job and I understand that this is not a once in a lifetime experience. Things have "shifted" already...Decks shift..and Docks shift out of alignment, too. Linda's dock is no exception to the rule. Even I, untrained eye and all, could see the lurch. The floaty part really looked like it could use help. I've got the list of tools you need burned to the back of my mind in case I ever need to level something. (A big jack, a level, crowbar or two, bricks, rocks or concrete deck block, and a keen eye...oh, for a dock, perhaps a snorkle.)

After levelling the main part of the dock which took a few dives underwater to place the jack, a brick or two, a few pumps of the jack to make the level happy, the floaty dock got its special attention. It really didn't want to be levelled. It wanted to fall apart, I bet. After several attempts to change "its" mind, intelligent thinking said to side with Floaty and tear it down.


One of many attempts to level Floaty




Mrs. Dock Spider wasn't a willing participant in the event. She would have rathered we left her in peace. I wonder how many itty-bitty babies are in that sac? Ugh! Linda grows the biggest dock spiders around!



I forgot to mention hammers on my list of tools. Linda is impressive using both hammer and crowbar at the same time! Way to go Linda! And I wish I were that flexible, too...


All gone! Guess who's job it was to take those slimy, rotten boards and make a pile of them in a safe spot?



Next year...a new Floaty will be built I think. But that is next year...

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 05, 2008 8:33:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

You folks sure know how to keep busy! Never a dull moment it seems. Tell Linda I said 'Hi'!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home