Summer Happenings
Were back from Kitchener! Had a great visit with Michelle, Kurt, Kaeden, Ellia and Athena! First picture below, a few momentos we brought home. Not in the picture are the chocolate chip cookies that disappeared before the picture was taken. Yummm...and yes I did get the recipe. GpF really liked them (he is an expert on chocolate chip cookies). The banana bread was not long in disappearing, either. Michelle - excellent! Now can I have the recipe for the banana bread, too? It is different from the one I make and would be a welcomed change from time to time.

A bouquet from Ellia...

The Supervisor supervising...Athena

The Tree in the background is a Tulip Tree. I didn't know that when I took the picture. I wish, too, that I had taken a picture of the flower. Looks just like a tulip, no kidding! Creamy yellow and peach. Now where can I get one of those???

Michelle with Athena!

The Supervisor taking Miss Ellie for a walk! And checking his "Pee -Mail" as he goes...Multi-tasking expert that he is!
Below, Kaeden riding his bike unaided. Hooraaay! Another rite of passage completed. What's next Kaeden?? And will Miss Ellie be far behind. I think not!

It has been a while since I actually sat down and put a Blog together. There is always something else to distract me. The "garden" is growing! And I have been gifted with more plants. Thanks to Jose Fowler, Kathleen Kelly and Linda Birkby!
We enjoyed a fire at the Trailor Park last Saturday evening. Our first of the season. TP Dan, Cindy, Brian and Marg later joined by Glen and Karen. We left early - Bugs! Biting!
Kathleen has discovered the computer and Facebook, since the Kelly's got satellite internet recently. Look for Kathleen Kelly's page - she should be linked to mine.
Linda has had Jen and Daniel come and go and Lynn Marie is expected this weekend. Hope to get over and visit...
Now that the bugs have abated somewhat, hopefully we will get out and do some fishing. I would like to catch a few Bass.
The Squatters have been found and their departure from the lake now up to the MNR!
Many are waiting for the lake level to drop. We've had so much rain . I understand that the situation will be rectified. Here's hoping Mother Nature doesn't mind meddling.
Kita has shed about 4 or 5 sweaters full of "down". Not too much more to go. Thank goodness. I wish he liked the brush, but NO he doesn't...
Sun is shining, so why am I sitting here at the computer? Just gotta go now...Later, eh?


2 Comments:
more info on the tulip tree:
after it flowers, it gets 2-3 inch pine cone-like seed pods, which will spring open like a pine cone to disperse the seeds. i'll try to get a picture of them, the tree is full of them at the moment. also, the tree only flowers for 2-3 weeks, and then all those beautiful flowers are done for the year.
it was planted in 1952, and is the only tulip tree in our part of the city (for about an 8 block radius at least).
pics up on the blog later this week...
I will be looking forward to the pictures, for sure. Thanks, Michelle, for taking the time to ask your neighbour the history of his tree!
Post a Comment
<< Home