Web Site Hit Counter

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Braided Rug Project To Date

It begins with collecting all the denim material you can "lay" your hands on! Donations gratefully accepted I might add. Yard sales provide inexpensive finds. And if you are lucky, like I am, you have a friend named Louise who gifts you with fabric - lots and lots! And hardware to boot! Last but certainly not the least, Louise is a grand mentor.




Sewing the strips together by the mile! Or should I say kilometer!


Rolling the sewn strips onto spools....



Braiding! Finally...
Many thanks to all who have indulged me in this project. The first goes to Louise as I mentioned above. Stephanie Kelly who also provided me with material left over from her project. Sewing machine generously donated by Linda Birkby and last but not least, Swami, who has suffered with stuff spread about the place, my whining when things haven't gone my way and for materials to work with...( He has this stash of stuff in the garage...)


2 Comments:

At Saturday, August 02, 2008 8:04:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

So will this rug be keeping your toes cozy this winter? I have no idea how long they take to make - I'm guessing a long time. Godd luck and can't wait to see the project as it develops! My only project lately is sheets on the line!

 
At Sunday, August 10, 2008 3:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey grasshopper it is jane here sorry i did not get a hold of you to do some quilts with you but is was not a got time off work so i will try to get a hold of you next time out sorry jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home