All In A Day's Work...
Sometime last Winter, during a casual dinner at the Kelly's where Dan's pickled beets made it to the table, it was planned that at the end of this Summer another Beet Pickling should take place. (Dan gave me his second to last bottle to take home with me as I am a fan of Pickled Beets., like he is.) Therefore, we made it so...
Dan's job. To prepare 25 pounds of beets for washing...

Washed and ready for the Pot...
Boil, Boil, Boil until softened...and an opportunity to enjoy the rare sunshine...
The Best Laid Plans sometimes need Tweeking, so Frank and the Supervisor to the Rescue...with more Lids, Vinegar and Sugar!!!
Sterilizing the Jars...Jeeze Kathleen, how many are there? This could take all day....
Peeling and Scraping - a Fun Job, eh, Dan. Dan took a break from his pile to take this picture.

After Dan sliced and diced the Beets, Kathleen and I made the pickling to pour in the jars...

No, I'm not Pickled. Just a bad picture! That was Dan's drink on the table, Mom, just in case you were thinking...

So now I am the proud "owner" of Pickled Beets. If you would like a jar to try, stop by sometime.


3 Comments:
Yummy Cathy, I love pickled Beets. Nanny used to make them when we were little. Sorry there's no way for me to sample your batch :o(
Hi Cath,
I forgot to sign my name...oops..
Janet
I think Gary wants to send me up there for some beet making. He loves beets, and pickles, and crab apple jelly, and . . . . Mom used to make pickles but, for some reason (maybe 'cause I don't eat them???) I never got into making them. Anyway, it looks like alot of satisfying work.
Post a Comment
<< Home