Fall Project(s)...
Harvest Time has come, sort of...This is my mystery gourd. Not sure if it is a water melon or a pumpkin. Anyone hazzard a guess??? The tomatoes are starting to ripen and the potatoes are 4 tires high...

On going Project:



More Progress...Taking Shape...

We've been visited with the INFAMOUS Blue Screen of DEATH in the last little while. You've seen the MAC/Apple commercials giving Microsoft VISTA the Boot? Well, what they say about Microfsoft Vista is ALL true. So we now have a MAC! So right now we are in a learning curve...finding our way around. Blogging on the MAC has yet to be done, but soon, I hope!
In the meantime when we aren't on the computer at home, we are over at the Kelly's taking advantage of their generous offer to use the Satellite Internet for uploading and learning. No disconnects here!
Jane! Are you there? I have a sewing machine of my own now and I'm anxious to learn the quilting thing you mentioned.
Today I made curtains for the bathroom and Frank is fashioning an all purpose foot stool (in my favourite colour, too).
Linda and I almost made it to Sturgeon Falls Sunday for a Turkey Supper at the local United Church. I had been looking forward to meeting her friend Dill. However, a nasty accident on the 17 West had the highway closed and we had to turn around. So off we went to Aunty Jane's and consoled ourselves with a Pickeral Dinner.
Summer is over...the leaves are turning...Summer Folk have returned home for the most part. The lake is quiet. Fewer fishers. The Canada Geese are returning south...
Our list of things to do is still long. Bugs and weather discouraged us from "getting out" there and doing "it". Big items to be done are: Frame in the ceiling beams (pictures later), Shingle the A-Frame, fix one or two culverts on the driveway and perhaps if time permits - brush cut the driveway. Anyone interested in giving a hand???
We will be having company soon. First week in October. Mom and my sister Liz. Should be a great time.



3 Comments:
Looks like your gourd could be a pumpkin waiting to turn orange. We have 3 and the leaves look very similar. Will take pictures of ours to post. Sorry no pics of when they were green.
Also, if your are interested in quilting, I am the librarian for the quilt guild in Ann Arbor and I have a box of books we are getting rid of - I could bring some up for you if you are interested.
Rachel
Thanks Rachel, I would love any books you think would be of help. I am getting a small library going here regarding reference materials...see you in December.
Cathy
i've never had a hard time getting my kiddos to eat vegetables.. they are the first solids we start with, and we've never had problems since. i can't tell if i'm incredibly lucky or what.
Post a Comment
<< Home