Web Site Hit Counter

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Not Another Typical Wednesday Night...

A busy co-worker, Charlene, who this is year is also my tax accountant, was surfing the web as I passed by her desk yesterday. Wednesday. Hey, she said, look at this! She was looking at the winners in the Westminster Dog Show highlighted on CNN. "OOOh", I said, "I've a seen a picture of a dog like that one, recently!" Gee, it looks like Jocko - oops. I mean, Jake! Meet Diamond Jim!




Here is the picture I saw recently. Photo by Frank Brown, I think! I cribbed it off his Blog...Meet Jake! Every bit a champion! Look at that form!



Here is a picture of what Jake would look like if he was all gussied up! I think I like him the way he is!



Back to Wednesday...Allison and I decided to have our morning "breath of fresh air" over at the Ferry Terminal. Allison said there was a chocolate chip muffin at Tim Horton's, that kept calling her name! I figured it was a good opportunity to see of the cats were still hanging out there under the stairwell. I hadn't seen or heard anything since last Friday. The cats are a mother (a beautiful calico) and son (silvery gray), who were abandoned there in August. Many attempts to capture them before the cold weather, were foiled by the cats' determination not to be caught. Animal lovers who work in the area have kept a close eye on their conditions, providing food and attention. Mother had developed respiratory complications early last week and I think steps were taken to capture them in order to treat Mother. I haven't seen them since!




Gordie, there was this most Magnificent sea gull gliding in the water...I thought of you immediately! By the time I got the camera up to my eye and finger on the button, he was GONE! SEE?!



The Halifax "skyline" taken from the "marina" at the Darkness Ferry Terminal. (I suppose you are wondering how long a "breath of fresh air" is. Probably longer than allowed and I'll leave it at that.)



The little red haired girl (Allison) in her new Columbia jacket! She and Charlie are going to be Charlie Brown and the little red haired girl next Halloween. (Remember Square Pants Sponge Bob from this year?) See the white mug on the bench behind Allison? My prized Tim Horton's mug? Well, this afternoon, in the staff room, it jumped off the counter and smashed into many pieces. (I didn't know it was that depressed!)




The dinner that wasn't! A few snow flakes fell on Monday. Mom decided not to come for supper then. So we made plans for Wednesday! I left work at 4:15 knowing that I had to work fast! The menu was planned - it just had to be put into action. Homemade macaroni and cheese, a la Jack! (Jack would be my Dad, chef, par excellence, in his day!) The Pot for the Noodles boils away, the wine is ready to be poured. (I'm jumping off the wagon for this evening.) The ingredients are on the counter at the ready. The dishwasher is half full, and I haven't even begun!


An other view of the same!


This is today's sunset picture. (I've been taking one everyday for a while now...) There is definitely a pattern happenin', which I won't elaborate on here.



Arch and Tim (on one of their many trips out early in the evening) sniffing something on the breeze! Could it be Nanny? With treats? They had already been over to see Bill, so it wasn't that....




Did I say Nanny was coming? With treats? So where is she? Glum chums wait and wait and wait...


Nanny is NOT coming. Weather is coming, instead. Guess who aren't impressed?


I was ready! So where is she? She should have been here by now! I called. No answer. She must be on her way!




Supper's Ready! I call again. This time, Mom answers. "Didn't you get the message I left you at work?" No, 'cause I leave before 4: 30, Mom. No problem, next time!




WEATHER!





I couldn't let the wine go to waste. Since I planned on falling off the wagon. I had a glass or two. Then crawled on the sofa with Arch and Tim. When I regained consciousness, it was 10:45. I had missed Idol. Ohhh... Off to bed... Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home