Web Site Hit Counter

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Not A Typical Wednesday Night...

Especially now, since it is Thursday, heading into Friday! You may be wondering (and then again you may not) why I chose C for this Blog. The answer is "I don't remember why." I felt the need to resurect my bronzed certificate. It is now securely fastened to my back pack which goes with me every where. See Below.







It all began when I arrived home from work. Doggie Hour! "Come and drop everything!" The Doggies want attention and they want OUT! "Hey Bill, come out and see us!" BARK, BARK, BARK! (this makes us very popular in the neighbourhood!) Bill can be counted on to come out, open his gate and Arch & Tim trample each to see who can go from our yard to his in seconds flat! Bill didn't let us down. After the meet & greet hour, it was time to go in. I don't know about them, but I was frozen stiff!

Tim went off to the bed downstairs. I followed and turned on the lamp and radio for him. He settled in and dozed off to Seaside FM. Note the look of distain. Tim would rather I lose the camera! The thanks you get...

Mind you, so far this is typical of every evening. We do love our routine!






With Tim is all tucked away...I took the opportunity to check the "message center" for incoming calls. Usually, there are at least 2 from the Bill Collector. Don't ask, it's a long story!







After deleting those pesky calls, it was time to make something for supper. See Mom, I do eat! Although it's usually scrambled eggs. The menu: mashed carrot/turnip. Jasmine rice. Garlic'd Hot Dogs with sauteed onions and peppers! I thought I'd share this with you. Rare occasions are worth recording.






Dog food, anyone! Feed the doggies! I do every night, but they don't eat it.The greenie bits are chopped green pepper for Arch! (Tim prefers tim-bitty carrots, but don't tell anyone.)







I should have been a chef. I know how to cook little and dirty a lot of utensils! But before I loaded up the dishwasher, I had to empty it first...But what you see is what I messed with!






Next, I called Anne! "How was the Cruise?" "Excellent", she said. "How about a picture for the folks?" "No Problemo! " . Anne says it's "Orient Beach at St. Marteen's – world famous for not wearing anything at all. I was there."






Gloria called. "Can u print off Frank's resume and give to Rob to bring in to work tomorrow?"



When the snooze button shut off, I went down to turn it back on for Tim and give him a belly rub. With each trip I managed do a little laundry.




Procrastinated chores! 2 Bottles of wine to take to the Boss in the morning. The broken picture frame. And the CAT MATS that need to be mailed to Janet!





Arch wanted to know if I was going to sit down and spend some quality time with him. Sigh!





Well, there was more to the evening. Booked Robert's flight to Toronto. Made several follow - up phone calls. Chatted on line with several of you. Took these pictures and got as far as up loading them on the Blog. Wow! A week's worth of activity all in one night!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, February 10, 2007 5:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cathy! Sounds like a busy evening routine you have going on. You'll have to do a "typical" night one of these days for us to compare...take care, can't wait to see you in March.

Janet

 
At Saturday, February 10, 2007 8:12:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

Wow, I'm tired just reading that - and that is after a busy day at work too, right? How many years to retirement . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home