Web Site Hit Counter

Thursday, November 15, 2007

3 1/2 Hours...It was going to be a short walk,,,

3 Blogs in today! So don't forget to read down...3 Blogs all at one time and no Screen of Death! You could say this a RED LETTER DAY!!!
After 2 days around the house we needed to get out and stretch our legs. What started out as a walk up the drive became an adventure through some old overgrown "roads" a little north of the property...and 3 1/2 hours in a heavy pair of rubber boots. Anne, you could incorporate this activity into your "Boot"camps! Over logs, under logs, pushing, pulling tree limbs out of the way. Squishing and squanking through marsh and bog. It takes a lot of muscle power to keep the boots from coming off...

Beaver Made...Moose were evident all around his Marsh. Frank suggested a Cow and her Calf went by leaving their tracks...Also we found a cranberry patch - which we will revisit earlier next fall.

A skim of Ice...(Still No Moose...) see a previous post...

We came across these bird remains. Mostly feathers...


Wing Bones!



Joseph, any idea from these feathers what kind of bird this was???



Big Bry, I couldn't resist. Deer Poop!



A Busy Beaver was here! But not finished yet. Timber???

Man and his best friend....




4 Comments:

At Thursday, November 15, 2007 10:50:00 PM, Blogger General Time Reversible said...

Cathy,
Those in-the-know here think that you have a Barred Owl on your hands. Everyone here is in awe of the birds that frequent you: Common Redpolls, Pine Siskins, Evening Grosbeaks, Pine Grosbeaks, Common Loons, Black-backed Woodpeckers(!), Barred Owls, Golden Eagles, and at least 8 species of warbler nesting outside your window - you could sell tickets to serious birders. When we come up this winter I may ask you to direct me to the Black-backed Woodpecker (a very rare and sought-after species).

 
At Saturday, November 17, 2007 1:36:00 PM, Blogger C said...

Joseph,

Wow! A Barred Owl! Thanks for identifying that for us. Not that long ago I knew a Blue Jay, American Gold Finch, Robin and Chick-a-dee when I saw one. In six short months I've learned sooo much more. It is really exciting. I can take you to the spot (I think) where I saw the woodpecker with the Yellow Stripe, as opposed to the yellow patch on the three toed woodpecker, on his head. I hope he makes an appearance in your honour when you come!

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 10:11:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

And here I am paying for step aerobic classes! You're getting better exercise for free!

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 11:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cath,
I thought we AGREED......no more "poo" comments. Couldn't help but wonder if perhaps your discovery , was in fact, nothing more than a passing hunter's afternoon snack of "chocolate covered almonds or raisins", accidentally spilled out on the ground. Like...what are the chances of that happening, EH?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home