Web Site Hit Counter

Friday, October 26, 2007

A Free Outfit!

A while back - I think it was the Library Book Sale trip...Kathleen dropped me off at her Mom's, and while there I discovered Louise is quite handy. Her braided rag rugs caught my eye. In her basement there is a wealth of materials for just about any craft. Bins and Bins!


The braided rag rug looks like something I can do. So Louise has set me up with the required tools and included with my "get started kit" came a bag of material to make strips from. Two items came whole. Ta Da!



My New Ta Do Suit!




I took this pic from the Net - It's a bit small but it is a crochet rag rug. Another way to use rags in a rug. My next project, perhaps?









This too, is a small pic from the Net. It is a rock tumber and polisher. Anyone out there have one hanging around your basement that you would like to donate to my "keep busy" plans for the winter?




Would you believe I have another activity? I have been saving candle bits and pictured here is the meltdown and preparation for recycling those bits into "new" candles. So, if you live in my neck of the woods, save your candle bits for me and I would be happy to collect them from you. (Don't throw them out!)


Let me recap for you my list of things I'm looking for or saving...

One rock tumbler/polisher

Denim material

Candle Bits

Books on Rocks of Northern Ontario, Lapidary (Jewellery Making), Rag Rug Making or Candle Making

Hope you can help me out.

2 Comments:

At Monday, October 29, 2007 10:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of the fondest memories I have of my paternal grandmother is watching her hook rag rugs. Always wanted to learn - never did. Good luck. Mom

 
At Sunday, November 11, 2007 10:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HeyC ... just to show ya, I maybe slow but with some effort i learned the art of logging on ... good to see your creative juices are in gear ... look forward to seeing some soon! L PS Pics are awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home