The Bathroom Reno...Or How We Spent The Month of March...
No, this picture is NOT the bathroom, but it all began here. After yet another trip to town, we came home with the pine paneling or most of it. As any of you who have done this kind home renovation, you never buy enough and ultimately return to a store for more... We all got quite adept at skipping over the pile of paneling day after day and night too. Even George in his heftiness loped over it now and again on his way to food.
Now Kita wasn't too impressed. What you don't see in this picture are the saw horses with boards draped over them being cut to size, primed and painted blocking his way to HIS food.
The only place clear of STUFF was the love seat, where we could sit of an evening in our exhaustedness and watch TV.

The Kitchen Table doubled as a work bench and many a meal was NOT eaten here. Here Frank is customizing the Vanity Door...I guess you would call it Refacing...


One of the First things to change was the bathroom door. It got moved down the wall 6 inches and rehung opening in the opposite direction. In this picture paneling has been installed, primed and painted with several coats. No molding yet...Oh, and the light switch was moved into the bathroom from the hall way...

Paneling before Paint...

Putting up the Money Wall...

Again, paint, paint, paint!!!!



The HandCrafted Scalloped Trim by Swami. Note the light got moved, too! The old hole has been repaired and the ceiling has fresh coat of paint or three...
We repainted the medicine chest mirror frame to match...a shelf has been installed behind the washer and dryer and laundry is in progress here as I type!

Just when you think you are finished! Hmmm, the hallway looks a bit drab...The next thing you know there is a paint roller and tray is in your hand! And just enough paint left to complete the job, including the ceiling...Boy, are we good...
Of course, the door now looks battered and abused. Next trip to town....
Of course, the door now looks battered and abused. Next trip to town....

Many thanks to Swami, who put in many a frustrating hour bent and twisted around pipes, laundry appliances and tight spots. Also, time spent fighting with a jig saw and when weather permitted; working in the garage, frozen fingers!
It's a Beauty! Pictures don't do the room justice but for those who have seen the bathroom BEFORE, will definitely appreciate all the work that went into this makeover. Margaret, while you were sipping drinkies from the swim up bar and sun bathing you could have been HERE...I don't know how you could have passed up this opportunity to help in creating yet another decorating masterpiece. Sigh!
Linda, I know you will be impressed!
I plan on enjoying the house back to NORMAL, for a little while...Lots of SPRING Yard Work coming...At least it is out of doors.




2 Comments:
You are right the pics do not do it justice....I can just imagine all the work and time that went into that reno....great job swami and your master helper, too.When is the snow and ice going? Jen is getting better fast and I am getting homesick!
Amazing job guys! It looks so bright and clean (just what one wants in a bathroom. I don't know hat I was thinking in passing up an opportunity to help with the reno just so I could lounge on the beach! Silly me! Now relax a bit and enjoy all your hard work . . .
Post a Comment
<< Home