Web Site Hit Counter

Monday, February 19, 2007

I Got a Personal Invitation...

Yessiree! I got a letter from Canada Revenue Agency! Requesting that I complete and forward my 2005 T1 return. How sweet! I wonder if it has anything to do with the $80.34 I owe from 2004? Perhaps!
With assistance and encouragement from Charlene (who knows ALL) Wambolt (Thanks!) I was able to complete, not only my tax return, but John's and Rob's. We are pleased to announce that we will all be getting refunds for the 2005 year. Question: Do you think CRA will forward the refunds or hang on to them until they get our 2006 returns? I know what I'm thinkin...
You can see in the picture below, the infamous returns, signed and ready to be mailed. You can also see a procrastinated project of unsorted pictures...and you can also see my new wallet (brown, to match my coat) and a lack of plastic cards within it!



Why I Have a New Wallet!

On Friday morning, I stopped into the Gateway to pick up a pack of ciggies and some cash. Then I scooted over to Biscuit Lips to get my morning coffee. Nothing unusual about that...At noon time John calls me at work to say that CIBC Visa Fraud and something else had called the house. "Here's the number, you better call, it sounded important." As my life flashed before my eyes in panic, I reached into my backpack for my wallet, knowing full well, I wouldn't find it. And I didn't. OMG! Some one has my wallet and is going to town on my credit cards!

At that moment in time, I made my first of many phone calls that afternoon. All my credit cards are cancelled, alert flags at major credit bureaus placed and I have a list of ID that I will have to replace. My drivers license, my health card, my SIN card and birth certificate. If you have never experienced "weakness in the knees" - this experience will do it for you.

WalMart was the store of choice, by them @#$&*#' credit card bandits! WalMart made a killing! It seems the credit card companies take the hit. (After I sign affidavit after affidavit saying anything charged on February 16 and beyond are fraudulent charges and do not apply to me!)


The afternoon of phone calls is a story in itself. I'll leave it for another time and if you're lucky, I'll forget altogether!

Sunday Morning - Outside the Mic Mac Tavern. Now what's that Gloria doing to Frank? Can't keep her hands off him! No offense, Frank, but the pants have to go - but not now, though, wait til you get home!




"Geezus, Frank, can you think of a more dismal place to be hanging out on a Sunday morning? And whose bright idea was this?" "Naw, this is as bad as it gets. And don't look at me like that..."



Smile, everybody, it was MY idea! (See new matching wallet...)


"Geesus, Frank, who let them in?" "Duck! I think they're coming our way!"




Whew! Close call! There they go, over there!




Tonight's weather! Yup, more weather! What would people do if we really got "WEATHER!"?





That's all for now folks. It's Monday night and Heros is coming on at 8 p.m.


1 Comments:

At Wednesday, February 21, 2007 11:24:00 AM, Blogger Frank Brown said...

No one can steal your identity, you're an original!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home