Eleanor's Recipe
Found the recipe for this cake in the Fanny Farmer Cook Book. (It is OLD!) So for Frank's Birthday Cake I decided to try it out. Maybe his Mom made it for his Birthday in the Past.

Finished! Company's Coming...

Donnie's Resurrected Snow Machine (see previous post re Beaver Cheaters) Pictured here are Ritchie and Leanne...
Happy New Year! 2008...Looking forward to all the good things it will bring...


3 Comments:
Mom gave me a newer version of the fanny cook book. She always said she was not going to send her boy's out into the world not knowing how to look after themselves. She even taught us to sew a bit, she tried to get me to nit but that did not work out well, better off Tim or I probably would have stuck a knitting needle into each other. I know mom would be very happy that you made the cake from her cook book.
Thanks Cathy Hope you have a great happy year in 08, hope to be up in June sometime
Mike b
As I said on Frank's blog - that cake looks yummy! Dad loved peppermint and chocolate and I remember years ago you could get 5 lb boxes of peppermint patties from Simpsons and Mom actually melted some for the icing on Dad's cake. The ultimate chocolate peppermint feast! I agree with Mike, Mom would be happy that you made the cake from her recipe.
mmm, cake. i wish nanny brown was still around to help teach the kids how to cook! they would love it for sure.
Post a Comment
<< Home