Web Site Hit Counter

Monday, January 07, 2008

A Trip to Town...

It was a cold day, last Thursday. I forget how cold, but needless to say it was well below 0. And sunny, too! That all changed suddenly and we are now in a January Thaw. I haven't included any soggy, foggy photos from the past few days. Who needs the depression?...Just as Slushie Season drew to a close and we had freedom of movement...

Most people who know the Swami Hermit, understand that a trip to town must be important. Town is filled with Beenz who can't drive, clog up the grocery isles and pass on germs! It is go, go, go...No browsing, no dithering and always make sure you have the debit card! (Ooops!) Another "Must try harder" comment on Grasshopppers report card. The Swami has high expectations.

In this case, it was Hermie's new chain saw. that brought us to town...and while we are in town, might as well hit all our usual stops!



Hermit Swami with new Husqi


Pit Stop - Here we lose our morning's coffee and pick up the coupons for gas...



Say CHEESE!



Swami making a mistake. He stopped briefly in No Frills to read the Headline on the North Bay Nugget Newspaper. I whipped out the camera to take this all important picture.


Hmmm...Swami looks irked...Could it be...


The High Price of Gas??? Yikes!



The last stop of the day before heading home. Note the downtrodden slope of Swami's shoulders. He's ready to go home!


Wolf Tracks in the Deep Snow near the Gravel Pit - He or She had to do some jumping to make those marks. (Almost Home...Swami...)


The Swami, layed low by a "Bug" he probably got when he made that mistake of stopping in the grocery store.



The Swami still suffers...but he is trying to make a comeback. Getting better. Slowly. Then I expect it will be my turn. In the meantime we are trying to deal with the warm weather. Rain, fog and slush. Colder temperatures are expected by Thursday of this week. Another 4 days, oh my....

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, January 08, 2008 7:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no mercy from us here in NS on gas prices. $1.15 here .
Mike

 
At Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:58:00 AM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

Quite a whirlwind trip to the outside world. No wonder Frank caught a bug! Hopefully he will rebound soon. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I miss the snow. Everything is grey and yucky and mucky! I guess it will get colder tomorrow. I a little snow and cooler temps might help Frank get better faster, eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home