Web Site Hit Counter

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Today, Yesterday & Beyond

Yesterday the wind got the best of me! What a time I had at the clothes line...If I wasn't chasing the basket, or clothes pin bag, I was hanging on to the line for dear life. I should request danger pay...I have found new meaning for wet towel snapping...no longer the bastion of men's shower room frolics...especially when it gets you in the face. Ouch! I used every clothes peg, too, to ensure I wasn't running around the yard rescuing my undies.



While I was in battle with the wind and the clothes line, Swami was engaged in his own battle. The Garage. A two day project...I would show you the results (they were impressive because I saw the "before" picture. Men are touchy about these things so that is as close as I dare show.) However just when you think a man's castle is his throne...think again. Ladies, we all know it is the shed, garage or work shop. Canadian Tire exists because they know this to be true...

Kita aka Krazy Dog having a break. A supervisor is allowed a break, too.
While wrestling the clothes from the line, I noticed these clouds. Thought they were a neat diversion.



Swami Hermit planted many crocus bulbs for blooming in the Spring. Since winter had to pass, sigh, well maybe he needed something to look forward to. Unfortunately, Swami has been sadly disappointed. Here is the only one, so far that has poked its head up from underground. He checks carefully every day to no avail. In the background our Trillium has made a leafy appearance.


This is the Tri-Dam at Little Tomiko River. The Beavers here are very industrious. 3 Dams! But you can only see two. We made the trek to check on the Dams conditions. Water levels on the lake are high - we've had a bit of rain...Soon the level will revert to normal. Patience people whose docks are under water...
Old Beaver Lodge - It will soon qualify as a "Heritage Site".


Candle Making in my "spare time"...It kills me that it is cheaper to buy them at the Dollarama!


My second attempt at baking bread today. So much better than the first attempt. I even remembered the salt!

We are planning to do some window dressing, Margaret. Any suggestions? We think grommet panels in a mushroom colour...Also, suggestions/solutions will be greatly appreciated from anyone NOT named Margaret. The reason for drapes to block sun and heat in summer...

Thanking you in advance...


2 Comments:

At Wednesday, May 07, 2008 9:33:00 AM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

That is great looking bread and I love the candles! Hey, they may be cheaper at Dollorama but it must be fun making your own instead. Are the candle holders from Dollarama? They are really cute. I like the grommet idea for the window coverings.

 
At Monday, May 12, 2008 12:31:00 PM, Blogger Rich said...

I think a Nudie Calander between the window and door would look good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home