Web Site Hit Counter

Sunday, May 18, 2008

It's another rainy-type day just like yesterday and it looks like this picture. Featured here is the "falcon" wind kite that is supposed to be a gull deterent. Though it is made of paper, it seems to have survived the elements! Now to find a way to get the 6 of them "out there" attached to Gull Rock.

Inspite of inclement weather off and on we've been fairly busy. Thursday, Kathleen and I headed to the landfill to load up our trucks with composte. Best deal around. Fill the truck bed for $5! Not to mention all the exercise you would ever want in one day...fill two trucks and then unload two trucks. Whew! I know I was exhuasted afterwards. How about you Kathleen?

Friday saw us headed into town shortly after 9. There were a lot of stops to make, so it was go, go, go...in what must be record time. Home by two and everything offloaded. (But not put away.) Well that chore is out of the way for a week or two so let's go visiting!

Ed Fowler called Friday while we were in town. TV/DVD problem for Frank to solve. Saturday morning , a visit to Ed was moved up the list, then off to Frasertown to say "how do's" to the summer returnees to Little Tomiko Trailer Park and Campground. May 24th Weekend is THE weekend! Summer starts here on Lil' Tomiko. Then a fishing we did go...See Frank's Blog. He took the pictures. We were very successful. Pickeral for supper tonight!


Mr. Snow Hare...He has been showing up everyday to eat our new grass!

I thought you might like to see the slim/trimmed George...Ladies and Gents, George says if he can do it so can you...


The Supervisor in a "FUNK". This picture taken the other day, but he is in the same spot today as I type...


Kathleen working hard on the Composte Pile.



The Trillium in full bloom Linda!


The Clematis survived! Two new shoots and I had thought it was a goner!


Snow on the Mountain for the Rock Garden. It reminds me of you Mom and the back yard...

Day Lilies coming up by the Garage, gifts from Linda B. last year. So far Mr. Snow Hare hasn't noticed it, yet...I added a fern today that I dug up from the woods out back.


Blog is done. Time to go and enjoy a little May 24th Weekend Fishing before supper. Hope you all have a good one.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, May 18, 2008 7:10:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

I guess there is no time for boredom to set in, huh? You guys are so busy. I hope all your plants survive both George and the the rabbit. We had a bunny make a nest up on our deck under our BBQ on Friday. We waited until the blessed event was over and then put Mama in our outdoor cage and then gathered up her 8 babies and put them in the cage with her. Today all are doing fine. Bunnies are not the smartest animals on the planet!

 
At Monday, May 19, 2008 10:25:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could use some of that compost! The 'snow on the mountain' you remember is still here, but then of course we don't have rabbits. I thought ferns were nice for a while, until they took hold and spread.......Mom

 
At Monday, May 26, 2008 9:03:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

rwgmfg
Sure I'll post for the Calender!! I don't know if Razor will though! How about me and my birthday suit with a Chainsaw? LOL!

Cheers,
Rich.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home