Thank goodness I'm planning to do laundry tomorrow! Surf is up! The rain we are expecting comes with an advance gale wind. No fighting with the clothes line today! No way! I'm anticipating the rain with some pleasure, tho'. The ground is sooo dry...The grass is crying for moisture. We have ourselves a composter, built by Herm. Here he is helping me collect leaves from the driveway. The sawdust from wood havesting has been saved, too. I have three layers ready to go. After a little moisture and turning, I'll prepare some more. No lack of materials here! Now I can use the potato peels and other veggie matter from the kitchen. It used to "kill" me to throw out all that organic "stuff". Less garbage for the landfill.
While I was raking the driveway for leaves, I came across this Trillium. A red one! I understand that the red ones are rarer than the white ones.
Some one said that the flower below is a Trout Lily. They are popping up everywhere...
Yesterday I spent the day preparing this area for perennials I collected. With them all planted now, it is just "wait and see " if they survive! The big challenge to their survival is GEORGE! Not bunnies, but GEORGE. Something about the day lilies...I hope I won't have to remind him that this patch of ground is not for his personal elimination of waste.
Somewhere, on the boat, Herm is applying organizational gadgets for the boat. The oars and fishing gear all have a place! I'm so excited! Fishing season starts this weekend coming and we are going to be ready. A trolling motor has been added. Not for fishing, tho'. It's in case the Evinrude fails me again and I end up leaving the Swami stranded on Gull Rock without a smoke. He was there on official business applying another gull deterent. I discovered that flooding the motor is a result of being heavy handed with the choke and that paddling the boat requires lots of stamina and an understanding of which way the wind is blowing. It was a very bleak situation as I drifted farther from the Rock and my mentor. Nobody on that side of the lake noticed us! I was so hoping for rescue. Nadda! As I drifted towards the Narrows, I tried the motor once more. It turned over! Whew! No amount of paddling was going to save the day. However, I learned lots. The most important one being that there is an anchor at the bow of the boat I didn't know of before.
Rich! Are you volunteering to pose for the calendar? Come on - don't be shy. I wonder if Mr. Fraser would pose in his skin tight wet suit? How about it? December's page is reserved for Tomiko Brown posing on his Yammie in his Birthday Suit. Gotta go now. I have an urge to plant Pansies. Before it rains...




1 Comments:
Hey:
I will call one of these days but i wanted to tell you that most of the trilliums around my place are red.
Post a Comment
<< Home