Web Site Hit Counter

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Someone Said It Was About Time....

This is the best I can do...And these pictures chosen from about 36 taken. I ask myself...What were you thinking??? Probably that a Cigarette would go good right about now...Sigh...I took up knitting to keep my hands busy...That is to say when I haven't got the Hand Held Free Cell game on...


Before yardwork picked up the slack, I got a few things made. The two bath mitts knit from Sisal were a challenge! That is tough stuff...


My nose has been in and out of these three books a lot lately. It seems I have taken to Bird Watching...


Michelle, the seeds have been "started". Only the cosmic purple carrots have sprouted... They are very small and delicate looking...I'm being patient, 'cause everything comes to she who waits...


The Clematis is going to try it again this year. I am quite hopeful. Last year I had two major stems from the ground. The plant grew like a week, but failed to flower. Then it just died...This year there are 4 stems...


No bloom on this one last year either, but it is growing like a "weed"...


I looked all over for my Hostas. I knew I had moved them in the fall and I was beginning to think that was a bad idea, when "looky here"!! Since this picture was taken, several more Hostas have poked to the surface.


Linda's Day Lillies beside the Garage. This is their 3rd summer and they are doing OK. Also, there is a fern I dug out of a boggy area out back.


Monk's Hood and Lupin...Looks like I could put more soil around...


In the back, the Bee Balm has broken the surface. In the rest of the area, I have planted Astillbe which has yet to make an entrance....They better! I actually paid for them!


Spring is also here in nature's garden. These look like Lady Slippers coming up.


More Day Lillies in the back, with Daisy and Black Eyed Susan. In the front, Columbine from Kathleen last year. In the Centre, is a Sumac.
The few tulips I planted in the Fall are just about ready to "pop" open. By the time I get this Blog finished, I figure...

Off to town tomorrow with Kathleen...

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Rachel Slote-Brown said...

Never too late to start birding - I wish I started 20 years earlier myself (damn I'm old). You have a lot of great warblers nesting around you - they are passing through us right now so get ready.
-Joseph.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home