Head Bone's Connected To the Neck Bone....
Energy is a most fascinating part of surviving at the Centre of the Universe. How do you get power if Ontario Power doesn't plant power poles along your street? Well, you produce your own! Contrary to belief one does not live without the usual appliances one is used to having in the city. With one exception. A dishwasher. Oh well...it could be worse. OK! So I did say something about never living in a house without one. I've changed my mind. Woman's perogative.
I have this lovely diagram that explains how it all works. Well, will explain it once I figure it all out! Right now, I am coming to you courtesy of the sun, collected by the solar panels below. In fact, the panels are collecting more power than we are using. (13-9)

Inside the shed is the generator. The generator is used to power the water pump - water comes from the lake...the washer & dryer and power to the garage.

Propane powers the fridge, stove and hot water.

The panel board. Whoa! This is where I get lost! Here are the disconnect, solar charger, fuse panel, an inverter and so much more. You can figure it out, right?

The water tank. It's the holding tank not the hot water tank. just in case you thought it was.
This little white panel is the HOT WATER Heater! (fueled by propane) Also disbelievers, see the washer and dryer. Contrary to belief, I am not pounding clothes on a rock at the water's edge. But I do want you to know that I do hang clothes out on the line because I want to! Also, part of the shower door is pictured on the left. See! What more could you want for? (A dishwasher, perhaps, sigh...Hello dish pan hands...)

Well, that's it for today. I promised spaghetti for supper - so, off I go to slave over a hot stove. Oh, one more thing. Propane is great to cook with. Fast!



1 Comments:
Wow I can't believe all that with solar power...what are we doing wrong. I can imagine if more people thought of that instead of using the Power company they would be poor. Can you get a dishwasher to run on propane????
Glad to see you are doing well...thinking of you often.
Post a Comment
<< Home