Chicken Harvest
So you think you might raise a few chickens, eh? I have given it a thought or two. There it ends. Not for me. It is a lot of work. And most of it not too pleasant. But Kathleen thinks it is worthwhile and her chickens are ready for harvesting. (Kathleen is not afraid of hard work.) Having had the pleasure of roasting one of her chickens, I can see why she goes to all the trouble. You grow 'em Kathleen and I'll eat 'em! And thanks for the Chicken, too!
I would like to thank Kathleen and Dan for allowing me to document the harvesting process. For those of you who don't eat meat or if you have a sensitive stomach, don't look down.
Step One - Get Yourself a Chicken

Step Two - Yup, it is what it looks like...

Step Three - Knife Sharpening

Step Four - The "Cone of Silence"
Step Five - Hot Water Dip (helps with feather removal)
Step Seven - Eviscerating - Don't LOOK if you are squeamish...

Step Eight - Final Rinse
Step Ten - Packaged for Chilling







1 Comments:
O.K. - I think I'll just get my chicken from the grocery store!
Post a Comment
<< Home