Today and Yesterday
Who's a procrastinator? Oh, no! Not me, surely? So it took several months of looking at my jeans hemmed with pins and slung over my dining room chair before I took action. Now they are done! And I have started sewing my strips for my braided "whatever" project. Now I don't have to duck the "question" when I go to Louise's. Although...I think she has given up asking.
Linda! Your sewing machine works like a charm. Thanks for the loan! How are things in Florida? Warmer than your deck here! -32 C this morning and yesterday, too, when I got up. But I'm not complaining...oh, no because the sun is shinning. Or it was...Wait now, I think a cloud moved in the way. Back off cloud, Please???


Frank found an ice candle craft in one of the Mother Earth mags that Linda passed on to us this summer. We finally bit the bullet and gave it a go...
First you start with hot wax, something to dip and pour with, wicking, sticks and an object to make holes in the snow with...and I don't recommend a broom handle. Why, you ask? Because you get sexually suggestive shapes... and we definitely had the right colour of wax to make it more suggestive!







2 Comments:
Hey:
Glad you are getting a use out of the sewing machine.
The candles look awesome!
Those are great magazines.
It is warm here today, but we have had some cool evenings.
I have been watching your weather. BRRR. Miss you guys!
Being a great procrastinator myself, I applaud you on getting your jeans hemmed! I usually have a number of 'winter' sewing projects - that usually find me scrambling to finish them in the spring before we get busy! Lucky Linda enjoying the warmth of Florida - chilly evenings, sorry - no pity here!
Post a Comment
<< Home