In this picture taken by Frank, you can see a Piliated Woodpecker (The Big One). He is clinging to the bottom of the Old Tree Trunk. I hope this pic shows up better once it is published, he is quite impressive. However, he should stay away from that part of the trunk. I have been coaxing a stubborn piece of Virginia Creeper to grow there. It doesn't get far. Then Winter comes. And in the Spring it tries again...
Linda B. and I went to town Thursday and one of our destinations was Rebuilt Resources. I found these dishes which I will call Cottage Mix and Match. Service for Six. Also at the RR I found an old wooden ironing board in good condition. Just a new cover...

This pretty bird seemed very tame. Allowed us up close for a picture. I think it is a Pine Siskin...

Setting out the boundary for the veggie garden. Lots of work here to do, but the bugs and weather have keep us indoors and doing other things. I am thinking I would like a raised bed built there. Hmmmm...

Frank has been giving Don and Tina a hand at Frasertown getting them ready for their summer cabin and camping customers. Yup the BUGS were bad...we all put on our bug head and body gear...so the last of the docks were installed. Frank says the water wasn't too cold...


Lady Slippers coming out. This must have been taken a week ago, because they are bloomed now...

As you may have read in another blog, that the Miz MIB was swamped over at the Fowlers a week or so ago. The boat wasn't the only casualty. My camera got soaked. I did try to get a few pics, but only this one was on the memory stick after the camera dried out. I don't remember taking this one...?

There are several kinds of wild wood violets that grow here and there. Nice ground cover! Much better than grass or "dandy lions" which grow with much vigor in the garden beds. I would like to know why grass can't grow like that where it is needed...?




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home