Web Site Hit Counter

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Know!...I'm Slow...

George, here, is fascinated with (no, not birds...birds are so HoHum...) Dragon Flies! He sits front row centre and they perform their airobatics, oblivious to him while they feast on Flying Insects! Kathleen, Kita's Santa Baby is still "hanging" around...Kita has finally lost interest...But he sure got a lot of pleasure from it. Thanks!


I asked some volunteer gardeners at Memorial Park when the Shad Flies came out. They thought sometime Mid-July? They weren't really sure. The bug pictured below, looks like one to me. But I'm no expert, being "from away" and all...


This is a Centaurea Montana...to me, it's a "thistle" plant...anywho, it didn't bloom last year...






Linda, there are some annuals you can't kill with Winter!


I moved the Primroses to the shady side of the Bed, Kathleen, so they should perk up!


(Don't look up Liz! Snake "on board"...) It's a baby! A new member of our non-domestic pet family!


Linda, I meant to show this to you today. We dug this out of one of your flowerbeds last year, but I still haven't figured out what it is...


Linda is having a U-Pick today. Pick, Dig and Haul away as many Lupins as you can. So we Picked up Kathleen at the Kelly Kompund at 10 this morning...


Whether you agree about applying Pesticides or no...we do...However, I have to admit that the spray doesn't always work for me. (Frank, pass me the "AfterBite", please...)





The Sray works for Linda. No Bug Jacket! Kathleen, on the other hand...


We picked, and picked and picked buckets full!!!


Linda, happily weeding...


Lunch is provided at Linda's U-Pick!


Swami and the Supervisor loaded our haul aboard the Ms. MIB and chauffered Kathleen and I home...

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 24, 2009 11:28:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

Your flowers look great! Someday down the line when we have no bunnies (sell the business and leave them behind :D) I think I will really get into gardening. Until then, my flowers are all handing or behind fences!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home