What's Up?
The Supervisor at work on a fine and sunny day...He is keeping an eye out for tresspassers...actually, he would really like someone to drop by. He is such a social animal. Maybe a walk around the lake would be in order. Stretch the legs....
This is Lady. She hails from out west. Regina, I think...Stephanie Kelly's latest addition to the menage at the Kelly Ranch across the lake. Lady is growing quickly and will soon be a full sized Great Dane. Don't you love her markings?
Some of the destruction left behind in the wake of Fiendish Lumberjack. I have years of work to do before things are back to rights! Neat and Tidy as Mother Nature intended...
Linda, your plants are thriving and ready to go when you get back. Will you be home in time to attend Ron and Alice's wedding on the 3 of May? Hope so! Only a month or so to go!

It's almost 2 weeks since I arrived back from "The Land That Time Forgot"! I really should keep a journal, because events of the day seem to slide into oblivion unless they get recorded...
Highlights I do remember:
My Saturday Morning Coffees with Liz (long distance call) -who needs Tim Horton's ?...
Ice Fishing and catching my own fish unaided...
Walking Kita all around the lake following Wolf Tracks...
Visiting the Kelly's - collecting mail and eggs and losing Kita to the call of the Wild...
Tidying up the Forest after the Messy Lumberjack (are there 2 r's in forrest?)...
Jose's Birthday Bash...
Star Gazing and Moon Watching while Wolves howl and Owls hoot...
Our Toaster
Margaret's Big Breakfast Recipe with my own additions...green/red peppers and mushrooms
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies made from the Recipe "on the back" (Hersey's Chips) -I have tried many recipe's and this one turns out to be the favourite.
Remember all the wood we had stacked by the Fall? Well, it got moved to the wood shed...and new wood is being found to take its place...

There are uncountable person hours used in filling up the shed with wood. It is
quite the process...one redeeming no, make that 2 redeeming factors...the
benefits of the exercise and the warmth of the fire on a bone chilling
evening...




1 Comments:
Seems there is always something to keep you busy up there! I guess you don't miss exercise class - you're getting lots of exercise, and fresh air too! And still some time to do some cooking and baking - is the bread yours or Frank's? I made my breakfast casserole this weekend too - we actually went away for Sunday night (pics on my blog soon!)with our friends, the Lewises, and I took the old breakfast casserole to cook up for any easy, yummy breakfast for Monday morning.
Post a Comment
<< Home