It Has Been a Year Today!
And what a year it has been, too! A whole new way of living and a lot of firsts. I promise not to bore you with all of them. Many have been posted already. Living goes on and as Spring is aproaching so is Spring Cleaning. Thinking about a garden. What to put in it. I'm hoping that the "stuff" I planted last year comes back up...I dunno...
Swami is impatiently waiting for his Crocii to come up. Not looking too good. However, I would like to believe I'm an optomist - so SURPRISE me flowers!
For some of us in the Ice Melt Pool it's all over. The ice is still here. There is always next year, I guess. And I hope to guess better, cause I want to win! What ever happened to beginner's luck? I should have won, hands down.

I really thought all the wood was done and posting another picture of the pile unnecessary, BUT I was wrong. The snow finally uncovered some maple that had been harvested earlier so...more cutting, splitting and stacking. In 25 degree temp. too. Whew!
Spring Cleaning is on my mind and that is probably where it will stay. Just kidding, Swami, my list is made. Window are a problem, though. They get dirty in a hurry around here and I seem to have a mental block about them because they only get done when I can't stand it no more! Finished these today, and don't they look marvelous? I can see! I can see the ice is still there. Oh...
Firsts will continue...Can't expect to do everything in a year. For example today. First hand at baking bread here using Swami's Secret Recipe. As you can see, not quite the success I was hoping for. Back in the "olden days", I would make bread. I would get up early, start the bread and blast Donna Summer through out the house while I rearranged the furniture. Those were the days (circa 1977). Can't do that here. First off, Swami HATES disco...

Michelle, Kurt, Kaeden, Ellia...Here is what GrandPa Frank did with the umbrella. A Cabana for Kita! Such a lucky dog! GpF has lots of great ideas! Nothing goes to waste!
Margaret, about the spare Bunny Pooh. Bring it with you when you come to paint. Thanks, dear.
Well, gotta go. Gettin' too wordy. Besides, George the attack cat is parked by the fridge. One of his obvious hints that he's hungry and wants to be fed NOW. I'm getting the slanty eyes...He just can't appreciate that the diet he's been on has worked (still more pounds to go) and he looks so much better. Wait until he gets his shave! Next rainy day, George...This is looking like an annual Rite of Spring for You!



1 Comments:
Congratulations on surviving one year at the Little Tomiko and Frank. Are you looking forward to summer (minus the bugs)? Don't worry about the bread - mine usually does that too. Frank must have the gift!
Post a Comment
<< Home