Web Site Hit Counter

Saturday, April 05, 2008

The last of 3 lines of clothes today. And a beauty of a day it is! Tomorrow is supposed to more of the same. This is the kind of weather I'm hoping we have all through "slushie" season. I think we can officially say this is "it". The lake ice is beginning to deteriorate slowly. We are ready! I believe the Feindish Lumberjack (aka Hermit Swami)is also looking forward to a change in the weather. He won't actually say so, OH, NO...because well, BUGS are coming. (I found the fly swatter and it sits waiting...)And then it is going to get really hot and muggy...As you all know, here at the Centre of the Universe it is either TOO Cold, TOO Hot, TOO Buggy (those of you who know Hermie well, know the litany...)

Dan and Kathleen dropped in last night for a social visit. They came by sled and it was a slushie ride over. They cut their visit short because Lady the Great Dane in training was caged and had been in there for a while. Turns out she couldn't hold it all in and Kathleen found a bit of a mess... Oh the joys of "owning" a puppy!

Speaking of dogs, Linda will be coming home soon! And I hear she is bringing "Lexi" home with her. I understand that she is a 5 yr. old Doberman. (Linda and Jack used to breed them, I think, many years ago.)






The Feindish Lumberjack smiling. It is snowing and he feels the need to find another tree to harvest...(That was accomplished the other day and the wood has been cut and stacked. But there is still a "hole" in the stack - one just never knows...



This is the "Squatter's Shack" over by the Blind Narrows. It has been the topic of many a conversation around the lake since the summer when it was first erected. The authorities were notified, I heard. But they haven't taken any action, obviously. What gives? Kita has his nose in a wolf track...


Kita wants to know why I have stopped, again! Oh, no she is going to take my picture - too late to move...



A "private" air show over Little Tomiko.






1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 06, 2008 6:42:00 PM, Blogger the Mailman Family said...

I love to see clothes billowing on a clothes line - good thing since I get to see alot of that in the summer! I was going to put some sheets out on Friday, and then Gary threw another log in the woodstove and yucky smoke was blowing right over my clothes line - nothing worse than smoky sheets? Oh well, hopefully the woodstove will be shutting down soon! We had a springish day today - sunny in the afternoon and +9 - yeah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home