April Fools!!!
It rained last night and into the morning! Could it be the beginning of the final Spring Thaw? Hope so! Let's get Spring Slushie over with! According to Environment Canada this area received 50 ml of rain or in my terms - water up to my ankles on the lake. The lake is still safe for walking, so I trekked across to my buddy Kathleen's for coffee. I got soaked but it was kinda fun sloshing my way. Like a kid in a humongous puddle!

The ice has done some damage to the dock. We will add dock repairs to the Spring Chores List...

The snow is dissolving quickly on the front bank. There used to be a lilac bush in the tire. Now it is outside and in front of the tire. A gardening chore for that list...

The fire pit is now parially exposed. The circle of boulders still have to show themselves...

Snow has receeded from the Cedar. The Boughs covering the water line are visable, too. I also see some paint touch ups needed. Must add that to the list!
The boat is still in storage, but the day is soon coming when it will head over the bank and into the water. I think I will do a Spring Clean out that may be I should have done in the Fall, you know, live and learn...
Another sure sign that Spring cometh...Dog hair everywhere. Kita sheds twice a year...
Wood for another 2 years or so. 2 or 3 more nice sized birch would fill up that gaping "whole"...
Well, I must go. More lists to make. Thursday we go to town and pick up essentials. Just in case we can't get out easily. Soon the lake will be impassible but not good enough for the boat. The road won't have enough snow for the snow machine and it will be too mucky for the truck. Here's hoping for lots of bright and hot sunny days! Bring on Bug Season...




1 Comments:
You are right....it is April Fools Day.
Poor Lexi knows that first hand, she got spayed today. She is not very frisky!
I am getting home sick. Leaving here around the 12th.
Miss all you guys.
Post a Comment
<< Home